Invoicing and Payment:
As full consideration for the Services provided, Client will tender payment to Suburban Solutions (“Fee”). All charges shall be invoiced upon completion of Services less any deposit paid upon booking. If Client is not providing payment prior to or at time of performance of Services, Client agrees to make full payment upon completion of Services. Failure of Client to make payment for Services may result in collections proceedings, legal proceedings, and any other remedies afforded Suburban Solutions by law. Notice of any disputes regarding the Services or Fee should be provided in writing as soon as possible, but no later than seven (7) days following conclusion of the Services. Client agrees that failure to raise a timely dispute shall be deemed a waiver of their right to dispute the Fee and Client shall promptly owe the full Fee owed to Suburban Solutions as invoiced.
No warranties express or implied are made by Suburban Solutions.
The Client hereby agrees to defend, hold harmless and indemnify Suburban Solutions from and against any and all liabilities, damages, losses and judgments, including attorney fees, and all other costs and expenses which may be incurred by reason of loss or damage to property or by reason of injury or death of any person directly resulting from or caused by the negligent acts or omissions of the Client and/or his/her agents, officers, employees, or any person acting on behalf of Client during the performance of Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the act or omission of Suburban Solutions is a factor contributing to any claim for which Suburban Solutions seeks indemnity hereunder, the respective liabilities of the parties to one another regarding such claim shall be in proportion to the relative fault of the parties.
Limitation of Liability:
IN NO EVENT SHALL SUBURBAN SOLUTION’S LIABILITY FOR ANY CAUSE OF ACTION WHATSOEVER EXCEED THE COST OF THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, INDEMNITY OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY) OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT SHALL SUBURBAN SOLUTIONS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER SUCH INDIRECT DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR AS A RESULT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
For any dispute that may arise, Suburban Solutions and Client agree to seek an amicable resolution of such dispute through good faith negotiations. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, which can’t be resolved through good faith negotiations, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its choice of law principles. In the event any provision of this agreement is rendered unenforceable by law, this agreement shall be construed and enforced as if such provision had not been included herein and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected thereby.
Your move is covered with $0.60/ lb released valuation for any damages. This means that, should anything happen to your television, the weight of the set times 0.60/lb is our obligated coverage (A damaged TV weighing 65lbs would net a reimbursement check for $39.00 – We’re very skilled movers, but in the event of damage we all know this will not help replace the TV – so please opt for additional coverage BEFORE HAND).
We would like to invite you to look into our additional Valuation should you elect for additional coverage to supplement your home owner’s or renter’s insurance. We can provide a detailed policy exclusive to your belongings based on the value you assign.
If you are interested in additional coverage please let us know right away. We offer coverage plans starting at $5,000 of coverage for as low as $205.00. We would be glad to explain our pricing further with you, just call or email us! Remember, additional coverage MUST be purchased prior to your move!
In order to GET A QUOTE for additional valuation coverage we will need to know the items you would like to have covered, their purchase date/cost OR current value, and if possible include a photo of each piece.
Our preferred methods are cash and personal check; however, we gladly accept all major credit cards. Please note that we have a surcharge on all Credit Card Transactions! All invoicing & payment is handled upon completion of the move. We do not accept personal checks over $2,500 but we can accept certified or bank checks!
Tips are not included in our estimate, however if you think the crew did a great job and you would like to recognize their hard work, tips are always appreciated.
Please keep in mind that your estimate is based on the following assumptions:
- Ease of maneuverability of large furniture/couches in out and around both locations
- Ease of access for truck parking proximal to doorways
- Wrapping all furniture in blankets/shrink wrap
- All personal effects boxed up and ready to go (the more loose items, the longer it will take to load and unload)
- Three story homes take quite a bit longer as stairwells are typically tighter and getting furniture up and down can take much longer
- Elevators, both freight and passenger, add time to both loads and unloads as we can only pack so much in the elevator
- Drive time between load and unload assumes minimal traffic. Rush hour and/or accidents may slow us down quite a bit (as well as back roads w/ low clearance bridges!)
Please understand the following terms and conditions:
- We cannot move: Propane or other pressurized tanks, fireworks and other explosives, firearms and ammunition, house paints, gas or oils, household cleaners (ex bleach), or any perishable foods.
- Larger, awkward shaped fragile items such as lamps/lamp shades, larger pictures/mirrors should be boxed in specialty boxes made for those items. If you choose not to box these items properly, Suburban Solutions will do its best to protect the items with pads, however, we will not be held liable for damages without the proper packaging.
- You must make arrangements with us to move fragile items prior to your move so that we can be sure to bring the proper supplies to move them. Fragile items include artwork, sculptures, glass, lamps, etc. Any additional supplies used to move fragile items will be charged accordingly.
- Moving is a cooperative effort of both the customer and the movers. Thus, to ensure a quick and efficient move please make sure you are packed, organized and ready to go; that all furniture is empty and free of all items; that all fragile items are packed including artwork and lamps; that all boxes are taped; and that all furniture is disassembled prior to our arrival. *Additional time should be considered if you would like the movers to disassemble and/or reassemble any furniture.
- Do not over-pack boxes. They should not weigh more than 50lbs each. Small boxes should only contain fragile items, books, etc. Medium boxes should only contain clothing, lamps, miscellaneous items, etc. Large boxes should not be heavy and only contain pillows, linens, etc.
- Suburban Solutions does NOT insure pressed wood furniture (IKEA, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.,) or any other type of furniture kits built with a cam lock and nut system. This furniture does not move well once it is built. We will pad and shrink wrap the furniture to help protect it and help hold it together during transport, but it doesn’t always make it.
- Suburban Solutions can not be held liable for owner packed boxes. Because the packing method used by the client is unknown, we can not warrant damages done to owner packed belongings unless the box was dropped by our movers. If you can hear rattling or glass clanging when carrying a box, that means additional paper or bubble wrap is needed!
- Our schedule is based on the initial estimate we send over (or mutually agreed upon revisions). In the event you have additional items to move, a longer than expected walk or elevator issues, we will do everything we can to complete the job as originally estimated. We can not guarantee that we can extend the job past our originally estimated time frame unless our schedule allows. We can also not guarantee a return trip in the event the additional inventory items do not fit on the originally scheduled truck. We reserve the right to add additional movers to your move if deemed necessary by an unforeseen increase in inventory.
- CONTENTS OF FURNITURE/CONTAINERS: We assume no liability for the contents of drawers, containers or other items of similar nature. All contents should be removed from items prior to the move.
- ELECTRONICS: We assume no liability for the electrical and/or mechanical function of any and all electronics, whether or not our employees pack them. We recommend electronics to be serviced by a qualified service company.
- MECHANICAL ITEMS: We assume no liability for the mechanical function of any and all mechanical devices including pianos, juke boxes, phonographs, etc., whether or not our employees pack them. We recommend mechanical items to be serviced by a qualified service company.
- OVERSIZE ITEMS: We assume no liability for damage to oversize items that do not fit through doorways or hallways properly. We also assume no liability for damage to doorways and/or hallways that are damaged due to oversize items.
- GYM EQUIPMENT: Suburban Solutions will not dismantle over sized gym equipment (treadmills, home gyms, elliptical). If you feel it will be necessary to breakdown such equipment to get it in and out of your house, this will need to be done ahead of time by the client. We can also arrange for a 3rd party company to come in and properly breakdown and/or reassemble your equipment. The typical charge per piece is roughly ~$140 per piece per location ($280 to breakdown and reassemble)
- CLAIMS: All damage claims must be made in writing via email within ten days after delivery and accompanied by a paid receipt as proof of purchase. The damage claim must include pictures and a description of the alleged damage. We have the right to inspect and repair any alleged damage, and if we are not able to do so, we have the right to hire a service professional to make the repairs.
- AGREEMENT: If you agree to these terms, this shall become a contract for services at the rates stated and will represent the entire agreement of the parties hereto. It shall apply to all additional services rendered by the company for the owner. Only an officer of the company, owner or partner has power to modify the terms and conditions of this contract, and then only in writing. We shall not be bound by any other promise or representation.
- TERMS OF PAYMENT: Payment must be made in full per the payment method specified when the job is completed. Driver will collect payment at the final destination.
- COLLECTION: If for any reason this matter is referred for collection, customer is responsible for all costs, including but not limited to agency fees, attorney fees or forty percent of the amount of our claim, and court costs.