Apartment Movers National Harbor, MD
One of the most important issues when moving is finding a professional moving company that you trust to move your personal belongings. Unfortunately, there are people out there who put together moving scams and innocent victims lose money or have their property damaged or stolen. The following are some steps to take to make sure the National Harbor, Maryland apartment movers you hire are legitimate ones.
- Check to make sure the moving company is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and had a USDOT number. You also want to verify the company has liability insurance. The FMCSA also reminds potential moving customers that all legitimate companies should be able to provide their physical address, contact information, and registration status.
- Check the moving company’s ratings and review with the Better Business Bureau. Jump right on the organization’s website to see if there are any complaints that have been filed and what rating the BBB has given them.
- Legitimate National Harbor, MD apartment movers will always provide a potential customer with a written estimate of how much the move will cost. All estimates should be given only after a moving company representative had come to the home to determine the size of the move and what type of items will need to be moved. If a moving company tries do give a sight-unseen estimate over the phone or will not provide a written estimate, look for another company.
- Make sure to get multiple estimates so you can compare the different rates and services. If a company gives a much lower estimate from all of the other companies, although it may be tempting to hire them, they are likely pulling a scam.
- If a moving company insists on a high down payment or the entire payment upfront, they are likely not legitimate. A normal down payment is usually no more than 20 percent of the total estimate given. Another sign that something may not be legit is if the company insists the deposit be made in cash.
- Legitimate National Harbor, MD apartment movers have their own truck that is clearly marked with their name/logo and other equipment. If a company has an unmarked truck or a rental truck, there is likely something not on the up-and-up.
- Professional and experienced movers National Harbor, MD provides will be able to answer all your questions, as well as be knowledgeable about all aspects of moving. They should be able to provide you with clear and concise answers about how their claim process works should your property get damaged or lost. If there is not a process or if the moving company representative hesitates in their answers, you may have a scam moving company you are dealing with. Even if they are legitimate, their lack of claim policy is a good indication that you should be dealing with another company.
Call Suburban Solutions Today
If your family is planning a move, you need skilled and experienced apartment movers National Harbor, MD clients recommend. Call Suburban Solutions today to find out how we can help you have a successful move without hidden costs and fees.