Best Apartment Movers Philadelphia, PA
When you move, you are probably looking for some of the best apartment movers Philadelphia, PA has to offer. Moving is stressful, especially when you are planning a long-distance move. There are so many factors that need to be addressed, and one of the most important issues to be addressed is hiring the right moving company to make that move for you. Hiring a bad company – or even worse a fake company – can have awful ramifications, with the risk of property being damaged or stolen. However, by following these tips and working with Suburban Solutions that has some of the best apartment movers in Philadelphia, PA, you can be assured that your long-distance move will go as smoothly as possible.
What should you check for when you’re wondering who are the best apartment movers Philadelphia, PA?
- Verify that the company you are hiring is properly licensed and insured. All professional moving companies are required to have a USDOT number (issued by the United States Department of Transportation). The agency also has a database where you can enter the USDOT number and see if any complaints have been filed against the company. You should also verify that the company has valid insurance protection.
- Check online for any ratings and reviews the company has. In addition to the USDOT database, there are several other sites that you can check to see the company’s ratings. The Better Business Bureau offers reviews and consumer complaints. Official complaints are also filed with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Also check sites like Yelp and Angie’s List for customer reviews, as well as the company’s social media sites. This will be helpful when you are looking for some of the best apartment movers in Philadelphia, PA.
- Ask family and friends for referrals. When you are looking for professional movers, it is always a good idea to ask family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors for suggestions. Many people are happy to share their experiences – both good and bad – and it is often a good place to start your search.
- Do not consider hiring a moving company that does not include a look at the inventory you have to move. This can be done either in person or via video. It is critical for the company to see exactly what type of inventory you have to move in order to prepare an appropriate estimate. That estimate should be done after the inventory survey and be put in writing. If the company offers to give you an estimate over the phone without any type of survey, that should serve as a red flag that the company is not a legitimate one.
- Find out if the moving company uses subcontractors or if it will be their own employees throughout the move. It is not uncommon for moving companies to hire subcontractors for long-distance moves, however, these subcontractors may not be up to the same standards as the actual movers the moving company employs. Are the subcontractors that are employed as professional, trained, and experienced as the movers that your moving company hires? That is information your moving company should be able to answer.
Plan Your Long-Distance Move with Some of the Best Apartment Movers Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Has to Offer!
If you are planning a long-distance move and are looking for some of the best Philadelphia, PA apartment movers, contact Suburban Solutions today and find out how we can help you with your move.