Best Apartment Movers in Philadelphia, PA
Moving involves a fair amount of grunt work. Sorting, organizing, purging and packing are just a few of the tasks you will have when enduring this process. When also faced with a divorce, you will likely undergo a fair amount of stress. Dividing the belongings you shared with your ex, may leave you considering a garage sale. When it comes to moving: planning a garage sale and hiring a moving company may be two key things that can help reduce the headache you may experience from trying to manage it all.
The Stress of Divorce
A divorce can be emotionally fueled. Not only will the life you once knew be completely changed, you may also need to support your children. Facing your spouse through divorce proceedings, and when physically dividing assets can be uncomfortable. Here are some tips for dealing with stress during divorce:
- Practice self care by doing things for yourself. Be physically active, get the proper amount of sleep and take the time to do things you enjoy.
- Seek the support of a therapist to help manage your emotions.
- Build your network of supports by reaching out and spending time with family and friends
- Think things through before you make decisions. It can be tempting to want to finalize your divorce as quickly as possible. Make sure you are making decisions that you won’t later regret.
Divorce is a significant life change in any person’s life. Taking the time to manage your stress in a healthy way can help you begin to move into the next chapter of your life with ease.
Planning a Garage Sale
When faced with a move, one of the first things you must contend with is the stuff you no longer want or need. Plan a garage sale to prevent having to move unwanted belongings to your new home. Here are some tips for putting together a garage sale:
- Organize items and price things out
- Choose to have your garage sale on a weekend. Sometimes, people find the most success on 3-day, holiday weekends.
- Advertise for your garage sale by placing signs around your community.
- Start your garage sale early in the day. In most cases, foot traffic occurs in the morning hours.
- It takes time to prepare your garage sale, make sure you put the time, effort and preparation in to ensuring that it is a success
Garage sales can take time to plan and put together. Some people begin setting aside items they no longer want months or weeks in advance. The more you get rid of, the less you will have to move come moving day.
The Services of a Moving Company
Aside from moving, your divorce may be charged with emotion. Why not make the moving process easier? Moving on your own may have seemed like a good idea at first, but come moving day, you will be wishing you had hired a professional. The divorce process will leave you with your hands full. The best apartment movers in Philadelphia, PA at Suburban Solutions can provide you with services that can help put your mind at ease. There are a variety of benefits to hiring a moving company:
- Professionals to do the heavy lifting for you
- You do the planning while a professional manages the rest
- You won’t have to worry about renting a moving truck or other equipment
- Less likely to damage heavy items
- Less worry for you
- The move can go much quicker
Moving all of your possessions to a new home will not only be emotional, it can also be exhausting. A moving company can give you one last thing to worry about. Set your sights on your next big adventure, while professionals do the heavy lifting.
Carefully planning your move by first getting rid of things you don’t want anymore will reduce the volume of belongings you will have to move to your new home. No one wants to move a bunch of stuff they don’t want anymore. Enduring a divorce is painful and difficult enough, planning your move by purging items in a garage sale and acquiring the services of a moving company can alleviate some of the stress you may be experiencing during a divorce.