Long Distance Movers Washington, DC
Do I Need to Hire a Long Distance Moving Company?
Moving without choosing one of the right long distance movers in Washington, DC to help you can be ideal; however, if you have a house full of items, limited strength, limited packing skills, and not a lot of time, this choice could be regrettable. Many of our trained movers agree that if you don’t understand the techniques of a move, it is possible to become injured from heavy lifting. Risking any kind of injury is simply not worth it. If you are considering hiring one of the leading long distance movers in Washington, DC, please call Suburban Solutions today.
Considerations to Help You Determine Whether A Long Distance Moving Company is Ideal for Your Move
- Do you have heavy items?
- Do you have a lot of furniture?
- Do you need help with packing, loading, and unloading, or only some of these tasks?
- Will you be moving awkward shaped items?
- Will you be moving vehicles, ATVs, or boats?
- Are you limited in time for your move?
- Are you moving a long distance?
- Are there stairs in your current or new home?
If the above apply to your situation, hiring a long distance moving company Washington, DC trusts may be the right solution. At Suburban Solutions, we offer a broad range of services, including:
- Loading Only
- Unloading Only
- Loading and Unloading
- Packing and Unpacking
- Full House Move
- Apartment Move
- Furniture Move
- Piano Moving
Our moving services can be tailored to meet your needs, so if you require something not listed above, be sure to ask us. When you call Suburban Solutions, we will ask you a few questions about your move and provide you with an estimate. Bear in mind, there are peak periods of time in which our movers are very busy. For example, the Summertime and weekends are preferred times to move which means you should book in advance is your move will also be during these periods.
Tips to Help You Successfully Carry Your Your Long Distance Move
Once you have chosen long distance movers in Washington, DC, such as Suburban Solutions, you can begin to prepare for the big day. The following tips have been provided by our moving team.
If you are packing your own belongings, label the boxes in a way that makes it easy for you and your movers to identify the room in which they should be placed. A color coding system tends to be one of the best ways to do this.
- Don’t forget to defrost your fridge and freezer ahead of time.
- Be sure to drain your washing machine if you plan to move it. The same should be done with your dishwasher.
- Remove any flammable items, including charcoal, gas, and liquids, from machinery, grills, ovens, vehicles, tools, lawn mowers, and so forth.
- Make sure to turn off your gas line before you move your gas appliances (when applicable).
- Unplug all of your electric appliances before the move.
- Create a safe, wide path through your home, garage, and basement. This space should remain free of items and all the time, and be wide enough to allow any large furniture to pass through.
- If you live in a housing association or community, confirm ahead of time that the truck can park in the designated area.
Make sure the street is big enough for the truck, and be mindful of low hanging tree branches or wires.
- Make sure your children and pets will be comfortable and occupued. You should also keep them away from the movers to prevent a trip and fall or other potential injury.
Finally, be sure to book your long distance movers in Washington, DC sooner rather than waiting until the last minute.