FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- We are fully a fully licensed and insured moving company in every state we operate in, including but not limited to Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC, Pennsylvania and New York.
- Under state regulations every licensed carrier is required to carry auto, cargo and general liability insurance.
- We also carry workers compensation and commercial truck policies.
- Ask ALL of the companies you are soliciting quotes from about their coverages.
- We wrap your furniture with furniture pads and then secure them with stretch wrap to eliminate damages and scratches to your furniture.
- We also use cargo straps on our trucks to tie down and secure certain objects from shifting during transit.
- We offer the standard valuation of 60 ¢ per pound and then offer additional and full coverage based on the pieces and aggregate value of the inventory.
- More information can be found in the Insurance sub-page.
- We do not warranty Particle Board and other pressed wood furniture for its integrity and quality is not made for multiple moves and the associated shifting and stressing seen when lifted and carried.
We completely understand that pricing is one of the most important aspects in determining the right company for your move. As such, all additional information regarding our services, estimate, trucks, insurance, furniture protection, etc is outlined in significant detail in every quote / estimate we send out. Our estimates are based off of your details and our years of experience moving similar residences. For clarity’s sake, our estimates for local jobs are broken down into two main parts:
- Truck Fee includes mileage, fuel, furniture pads, dollies, straps, etc.
- Hourly Labor Rate: is based off the size of the crew and is prorated by the minute after the first 2 hours, so you’ll never pay more than the exact time we work.
- Our Labor Rate is a function of what it takes us to pay a prevailing wage, cover our insurances, worker’s comp policy, pay FICA and support a full time W2 staff. This charge also allows us to outfit our crews with uniforms, provide them paid and professional training and pay an office staff that works to deliver the communication and logistical help needed for a business of our size.
- The rate is subject to size of the crew and is prorated by the minute (anyone else in the industry doing this?), so you’ll never pay more than the EXACT time we work.
- Most moving companies charge a fee for their commute to and from the job in what is known as a “travel fee”. Suburban Solutions has a more reasonable approach.
- For labor charges, we start the clock when the truck and crew are in position at your starting location. We stop the clock once we are finished and you are satisfied with the placement of the items at your final destination.
- We do need to account for the expense in the use of our trucks (fuel which includes getting from our facility to the pick-up location, and from the final destination back to our facility. In addition we must cover the cost of our guys’ labor, tolls, wrap, blankets, repairs and the moving equipment used.
- The High-End and Low-End quoting process has been a key part of our estimating process since our inception.
- The range we provide you is based on YOUR DETAILS. Our estimators use years of experience gauging the complexity of each job and assign the number of hours it will take the appropriately sized crew to complete the job in a safe and efficient manner.
- The high end represents a slight inflation of the inventory and access simplicity and the low end is the best-case scenario given what we’ve seen in the submitted job form.
- This NON-Binding estimate is based on several factors including inventory, stairs, hallway length, parking proximity, organization of client’s items, etc…
- Proper Inventories and Detail submissions from the on set and during email communications before the job ensure an accurate time estimate. In some cases there are extemporaneous circumstances that will blow an estimate. Examples of this include, furniture built inside an apartment now requiring disembly, drop off location difficulties, fitting items inside new residence, misrepresented details and lists that magically expand the night before the move!
- By taking the time up to fill the initial job request in correctly, everyone involved will be fully aware of the specific circumstances they will find on moving day. The majority of moving companies base their estimates for local moves on an hourly rate. Inaccurate inventory lists and poor packing and consolidation by customers are some of the biggest contributors to jobs taking longer than the High End estimate.
- Moving time is reduced and maneuverability is increased when your dresser drawers are empty. If the dresser is small and lightweight, the only items that need to be removed are breakables, liquids, valuables, money, jewelry, or important documents.
- Don’t worry about taping drawers shut, the wrapping process secures them.
- As a note – Please remove shelving & hardware from furniture, as it will speed up the move process and limit forgotten shelf breakage.
- While it is perfectly fine for customers to pack up on their own, please be aware of the potential problems. Packing yourself can possibly save you money, but if done incorrectly could actually cost you more.
- If you plan on doing it yourself, please read our helpful packing tips on how to pack like the professionals. It’s also important to keep in mind that our insurance coverage will not pay out on goods packed by their owner, unless the exterior of the box is damaged.
- We have all the necessary tools to disassemble and reassemble your furniture if needed. Be aware that disassembly for some furniture is not recommended for different reasons. If you happen to have furniture that cannot be disassembled, we will find an alternative way to move it. Many customers wish to handle disassembly and reassembly on their own to save time. This is perfectly acceptable. Just remember to keep track of all hardware (hint: zip-loc bags). Typically we will not breakdown heavy or electronic gym equipment, cribs, bunk beds, intricate beds w/ built in storage or appliances
- Please cut out the box spring line
- No. We never charge any fees not described in your estimate email. There may be additional costs if you choose to buy or rent specialized packing materials. We do not always carry a stock of extra or specialty items on our trucks, so please let us know in advance! WARDROBE BOXES are available for both purchase and daily rental. Mattress Bags are available for purchase as well and come sealed for single use only.
- On certain jobs, especially longer more physically demanding ones, the movers may wish to break temporarily.
- When a break becomes necessary, the customer will always be informed and the duration of the break will be deducted from the total hourly labor expense.
- Suburban Solutions always assigns the most efficient number of movers to each move. Depending on your specific situation, we will let you know the most cost effective solution to meet your specific needs.
- It is usually more expensive and time consuming to under-staff a move. A smaller crew might have a lower hourly rate, but they will take longer to complete the move.
- It has been well documented that when there aren’t enough movers on a job, crews are more likely to rush and fatigue sooner, raising the possibility of damage or injury.
- In certain cases we might provide you with a window of arrival if your move is scheduled in the afternoon.
- It might be the crew’s second move of that day, and we can’t be 100% certain of their arrival time until the first move is finished.
- Although we try our best, there is no formula that can determine the exact duration of any jobs that we scheduled prior to yours.
- However, we will stay in contact the day of the move and call you with an updated ETA.
- Suburban Solutions only charges you for the time we actually work. We bill by the minute – almost unheard of in our industry.
- So, if your move takes 3 hours and 11 minutes, you only pay for 3 hours and 11 minutes, or 3.18 HRs, worth of work.
- Many other moving companies round up to the nearest hour.
- We accept: cash, personal check, money order, company check, or major credit cards such as: Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. Credit Processing fees may apply. Certain locations may not accept personal checks over $2,500. Please consult your local branch for final payment instructions.
- Tips are not included in our estimate, however if you think the crew did a great job and you would like to recognize their hard work, tips are always appreciated.
Our Clients Feedback
Suburban Solutions did an excellent job the second time we used them! They take great care in wrapping your items and making sure they're protected and organized. They were efficient with the job as well. Nice and helpful employees. Thank you!Will M.5/20/2020
Suburban Solutions is a great company for all of your hauling needs. They communicated well quoted prices with no tricks and delivered as they promised. Dara went above and beyond to help me retrieve a chair for my mom that we mistakenly threw out from my father that passed. We are forever grateful to him for locating it... read moreMandy J.5/16/2020
After our first moving company cancelled due to the pandemic, we were worried we would have to move with just two pair of hands and a truck. But Suburban Solutions stepped up and did a fantastic job! Communication was clear from the time I asked for a quote and I got several check-in calls prior to the day of the... read moreMaja S.5/06/2020
Great experience during my move. The crew showed up within the designated arrival time frame, came in and started wrapping things. They didn’t waste anytime. They were very polite throughout the day, and even told me when they were going to take a 5 minute break (only break of the day). I was very happy with the service.Jessica C.5/04/2020
I wish I could give them 6 stars! Lamar and Tyler went above and beyond, their energy and positive attitude was infectious and they moved everything so quickly (even with 3+ floors in our house). They wrapped EVERYTHING. We're still unpacking but everything seems to be fine with very minimal damages to anything. Lamar especially kept everyone spirits up throughout... read moreJulia C.5/03/2020
A team from suburban solutions helped me move from one apartment to another in Philadelphia last weekend in the midst of all of the craziness going on right now. They followed all of the CDC recommended precautions, like wearing masks and gloves, and still managed to be extremely efficient in the move. The entire process was finished by the early... read moreAshley F.4/28/2020
I used Suburban Solutions to move from Rockville to Gaithersburg today and they were great! Josh, James, Dara, and Eddie were pleasant and very efficient. I some furniture in a loft room that I thought would be really hard to move down, but they handled it in seconds. As far as I can tell, nothing was damaged. I'd definitely use... read moreKirsten S.4/16/2020
This is the 5th time that I've used Suburban Solutions for a move, the 2nd time I've used them for a long-distance move, and the first time I've used them during a global virus pandemic! They are an exceptional company. I contacted Brian and his team 8 years ago when I first moved from NY to DC and used them... read moreMichael G.4/14/2020
I'm a satisfied customer. I needed some junk removed and from start to finish they were great. I made contact with them on Saturday and Sunday they were there to pickup my junk and they even called and asked if they could come early because they had finished up a previous job early. Thank you Dara, Eddie, and Marcus, I... read moreBryan T.4/12/2020
I have had several great experience with Suburbian Solutions. They can load up any container or truck in a timely manner. They properly protected all of the furniture. I very highly recommend them!Nicholas C.4/01/2020
This is the second time I have used Suburban Solutions and I was so happy with them! It would have been my third move with them but they weren’t available on a specific date I needed. I HIGHLY recommend this moving company. They are efficient, friendly, and go above and beyond for their customers. I couldn’t have been happier... read moreJacqueline T.3/29/2020
Update: I did actually move with Suburban again and it was just as great of an experience. Sean and Isaiah were just as great as the guys were last time and again they completed my small, in-city move in 2 hours, even though getting things into my new place required navigating some steps and narrow spaces.Sam K.3/28/2020
Great move today with Josh and James of Suburban. I rarely write reviews, let alone on same day as the service. I had a simple part 2 of a move to move out some extra furniture to clear apartment at Palisades Apt in Bethesda MD. The sales guy Brian was solid and prompt with a simple bid... read moreSteve K.3/23/2020
The two guys that came over were very friendly, professional, and great! Made my move super easy and the email was well informed and everything was laid out in front of me so I could see all costs.Jia /.3/18/2020
First, Bobby contacted me many times throughout the process to make sure I understood everything, and that he was aware of my inventory.
Secondly, There was a great team of movers. You could tell that they had a system in place. They arrived punctually, and completed the job in a professional manner. Everything was thoroughly wrapped ... read moreLiz W.3/18/2020
These guys did it again! This is the 3rd move in the last 5 years I have made using Suburban Solutions and each time it has been a fantastic experience. I have never had an issue and the pricing is competitive. Will continue to use for all subsequent moves. I would highly recommend them!!Joseph E.3/18/2020
We just completed our second move with Suburban Solutions, and this experience was just as great as the last. Getting the quote and setting up the move with Brian was extremely quick and efficient. Brian asked a few pertinent questions and then right away I had a detailed and reasonable price quote in my inbox. The three man crew of... read moreZachary S.3/15/2020
I don’t know how to express how wonderful my movibg experience was with Suburban Solutions. Arrival was timely, they worked with speed and efficiency but with great care. They had significant experience in proper techniques for moving various items and were able to adapt these techniques to develop approaches for unusual items and narrow turn spaces. Most of all, though,... read moreTamara D.3/12/2020
Thank You Suburban Solutions for the awesome quick response. I ask for an estimate yesterday to move some furniture and received an immediate response and estimate and they were able to come today and complete the job. Even earlier than their original time. Thank You Dara & Wayne. The guys could not have been any nicer. They completed... read moreKelly C.3/06/2020
Thank you for an amazing move. The 3-person crew were friendly, personable, professional, and incredibly efficient. They took direction excellently and no request was too much/little. After hearing about experiences my parents had with movers from other companies, I was very worried about how the day would go. Your team did an excellent job. My... read moreStephanie A.3/03/2020
Excellent service from start to finish with Suburban Solutions. Service was from a move from the Midwest to DC area. Getting the initial quote and confirmation was done over email and easy, clear, and fair. The actual movers were great. They were on-time at both origin and destination. All furniture was secured and padded well, so there were no damages.... read moreMatt L.2/28/2020
Suburban Solutions was extremely professional, from initial contact to the final unloading. Everyone with whom I interacted was knowledgable, courteous, and efficient. Will absolutely recommend!!Janis C.2/26/2020
We had a great experience with Suburban Solutions! They were fast, efficient, punctual, and they went above and beyond for us! Deon and Mark made our move so easy. Highly recommend!Janet C.2/21/2020
Deon & Mark were very professional, had great personality, very accommodating. I saw all of the reviews before hiring Suburban Solutions & they sound very reputable. They were easy to get in touch with & the move went very well. The guys took their time covering furniture so nothing was damaged. They were very patient with the... read moreNancy M.2/15/2020
Shaun and Isaiah were friendly, professional and best of all- fast! They went above and beyond to make sure that my stuff was in the right spot in my new place, they went through the back door when a chair wouldn't fit through the front door and they took care to put my bed back together. I truly appreciate their efforts.Grace T.2/10/2020
Had a wonderful experience with these guys. They are super efficient and communicative. They moved me from Wheaton to Baltimore in about 4.5 hours i think and that includes loading and offloadIng annnnd traffic. They were great. I would highly recommend them. They are also super diligent about protecting your items which I really appreciated. I had a team of... read moreSukari B.1/25/2020
This is my second time using Suburban Solutions. First time was to move us into a new home and this time was to move some office furniture. The company is professional, responsive and it is clear they value their customers. For my move yesterday, Deon and Lemar notified me by phone of their expected arrival time, arrived... read moreGlenn G.1/17/2020
This was our first time using a moving service and we will definitely be referring others. The move was easy to set up with correspondence over the phone and email. The crew was on time, extremely efficient, and very polite and professional. Our stuff was handled with care, the move was prompt, and the process were very reasonable.Andrew B.12/23/2019
We had a great experience with Suburban Solutions!! I had so many questions about the move prior to the date, and the owners were so kind to answer everything. Out of all the companies I received quotes from, this was by far the best value! On the move in date, the movers showed up right on time, loaded everything on... read moreJackie P.12/19/2019
We had a great experience with Suburban Solutions!! I had so many questions about the move prior to the date, and the owners were so kind to answer everything. Out of all the companies I received quotes from, this was by far the best value! On the move in date, the movers showed up right on time, loaded everything on... read moreJackie P.12/18/2019
Suburban Solutions was SO easy to work with. Everyone I dealt with was professional and responsive - Kris, Kyle, Michelle, the movers. All details about fees and moving instructions are provided clearly, so there are no unknowns. The movers were punctual, FAST, and careful. They waited patiently when I had a few last minute items to pack up, and when... read moreLauren G.12/13/2019
Many thanks to the folks at Suburban Solutions! Sean C, Evan N, Lemar R, and all the staff who made my first move in 9 years very easy! Their online how-to guide had some of the most useful tips and information I've seen for moving. They were very detailed and organized and updated their list as needed. Definitely recommend... read moreP B.12/11/2019
I had already packed my belongings without the help of my guys on my moving day. But, the guys came on time and was very quick with loading and unloading the moving truck. It was a very efficient move!Ella L.9/30/2019
I needed to move my daughter's stuff from a storage unit to an apartment, both in DC. Found Brian and suburban solutions on Yelp and would not only use their services again but also highly recommend them. Brian was most flexible with date as the storage cube key was misplaced by usps so we had to reschedule until it was... read moreSohini R.9/17/2019
Thes guys are 5 star all the way!Patrick has fantastic customer service and is extremely personable. These guys come on time and have fantastic communication skills. They adviced me on my best options and you can tell they are knowledgeable. The have great prices for the service provided. I will continue to reccomend!Nicholas C.8/13/2019
Steve and Danny arrived to their designated location at the time they said they would. Greeted us with a smile and a positive attitude. When they arrived at my friend's apartment, they wrapped and packaged everything in a fast and professional manner. I would recommend using their services to friends and family. 5/5 will call them up again for future... read moreGil T.8/11/2019
We needed heavy items moved between different levels in the house, plus one enormous item removed to take to the transfer station. Brian got us scheduled, and our in-home crew of Paul and Devin were great--and a pleasure to have here in our home.E K.8/04/2019
Suburban Solutions helped me with a move from an 800' apartment on the 18th floor to a 10x9 storage locker. Brian R and Darnell were simply amazing! They were friendly, fast, and careful with my belongings. Nothing was broken and we were able to move everything in less than the estimated time frame. I really appreciated... read moreNicole P.8/01/2019
I couldn't have been happier with Suburban Solutions. We had a very large local move in Baltimore of a 4,500 sq foot home.First, scheduling online and then working directly with Brian to schedule was extremely quick & simple. They had no problem accommodating our schedule (which we booked ~ 3 weeks out). Second, their estimate was... read moreEric B.7/28/2019
We used Suburban Solutions to move things from one location into two locations. The crew we had, led by Josh, did a great job. The guys were super friendly. They were very careful with our furniture and moved at a speedy rate, which we appreciated since we pay by the hour. They also brought a third... read moreLisa W.7/24/2019
For more information on our services, please see the links below
We recognize there’s a big difference between moving a five-bedroom house and a 12’×12′ studio apartment. That’s why, for you urban dwellers, we developed our swiftest and most efficient city-to-city moving option: The Sub-Solv Express.
Office moves can’t be done during normal business hours or your bottom line suffers. Proper care of equipment and items isn’t just for cosmetic purposes. You need it done the right way and with special care.