Moving Companies Philadelphia PA
Moving at any time of the year can be stressful, but making a move in the winter can present unique challenges. The harsh weather conditions can make your move more difficult. At Suburban Solutions, we understand how tricky it is to move during the cold season and want to offer our services. Experienced moving companies know it can be more difficult to move during the harsh Philadelphia PA winter months. Here are some tips for moving in the winter:
- Leave Your Winter Supplies Out: It’s a good idea to keep winter supplies, like a shovel, salt, and ice scraper, in the car. You never know when you may need them. For example, if there is a lot of snow blocking the path to your new home, you can just take your shovel out of the trunk and clear the pathway.
- Protect Your Floors: When you are moving during the winter, you are likely to drag in ice and snow inside your house. As you can imagine, this will create a big mess on your floors. A simple way to fix this dilemma is to put cardboard or plastic sheeting on your floors.
- Pay Attention to the Weather: Winter weather can be unpredictable at times, so it is a good idea to keep a close eye on it. Start watching the weather forecast at least a few days before your move. If they are predicting a snowstorm, you should consider rescheduling your move. At Suburban Solutions, we are willing to reschedule your move at no additional fee.
- Double Pack Fragile Items: Did you know that fragile items become even more breakable in the winter? That’s why it is important to double pack these items before you let your movers handle them.
- Board Your Pets: A move is already stressful enough. You do not want to make it even more difficult by having your pets around. They can get in the way and slow down the moving process. To make things a little easier on yourself, put your pets in a local boarder or kennel until you are finished moving.
- Hire Movers: Because moving can be especially tough in the winter, you should think about hiring professional movers. They can move all of your items in an efficient manner so that you can relax. You also will not risk hurting yourself by trying to lift something heavy. At Suburban Solutions, our dedicated movers have the experience and skills it takes to make your move as easy as possible.
- Have Hot Drinks on Hand: A good way to make a winter move more pleasant is to have tea and other hot drinks ready. Don’t forget to offer these hot beverages to your movers. They work hard and will appreciate having something hot to drink.
Moving in the wintertime does not have to be a nightmare. If you plan ahead of time and hire Suburban Solutions, your move will be more pleasant.
If you would like to hire professional movers, we encourage you to give us a call today to hire one of the top-notch moving companies Philadelphia PA residents recommend.