If you’re getting ready to move, you might already be wondering, who is the best moving company in Washington DC? At Suburban Solutions, we’d like to think that we’re the answer to that question. Our goal is to be the first moving company people think of when considering hiring professionals to move their precious belongings. We make every effort possible to respond to the needs of our customers who may need any manner of moving services.
Suburban Solutions is a service-oriented company of highly trained moving professionals. We are proud of our growth as a young company, and we attribute that to the loyalty of our customer base and our dedicated staff.
Moving Company FAQ: What are some things professional movers would like me to know?
Moving can be stressful which is why most people forget about the DIY approach to a move and choose to hire professionals. Even then, it is possible that things could go wrong. In order to ensure you move goes as smoothly as possible, there are a few things that your movers would like you to know. This can help answer the question: Who is the best moving company in Washington DC?
Do Your Research
As you might be aware, there are so many moving companies. Before you choose a random company off an add on Craigslist, take time to do your homework. Look for a moving company with a good reputation who has branded trucks. Also consider:
- Stopping by the office.
- Talk with the company to get a feel for who they are.
- Does the moving company have your interests in mind?
Prepare Ahead of Time
Think about what will need to happen before the day of the move comes. If you’re in a building, will you need to reserve the building elevator? Where will the truck park? Can the truck fit on your street? If you’re in an apartment or living community, are there designated moving hours? By knowing these things well in advance you can plan your move accordingly.
If you are going to pack on your own, you should do so before the moving company arrives. In fact, it should be completely finished and ready to go. It may even help to stack your boxes against a wall to give the movers some freedom to move around and maneuver the furniture out of the house.
Label Your Boxes
Although you don’t need to write a list of items on the box, it will help to label it so you, and the movers, know where it should go. Bare in mind that you might want to tell your movers what a label means. For instance, “Daisy’s Room” won’t mean much to your movers. In another example, “Den”, “Big Room”, or “Mom’s Space” will all need to be clarified.
Let Your Movers Know About Fragile Items
Movers will try to be as careful as possible. However, if you are concerned about a particular box or item, it’s okay to let the movers know that it’s extra fragile.
Take Care of Your Movers
Your movers are working hard for you. It is recommended that you make sure they have plenty of hydration. Water, tea, coffee, or other beverages will prevent dehydration and satisfy thirst.
Are You Planning a Move?
If you are planning a move, especially one during the summer, it is recommended that you call a moving company like Suburban Solutions as soon as possible.
For a free quote or to discuss our comprehensive range of moving services including packing, loading, unloading, junk removal, and cleaning, please call our leading moving company now.
How Do You Know Who Is Legitimate?
When you are looking for a moving company, it is critical to investigate their legitimacy. The internet is full of horror stories of consumers who had hundreds and thousands of dollars stolen, had their property held hostage, and other victimizations by scam moving company.
Each state has their own rules and regulations for local moving companies, but if the company offers interstate moving services they are required to follow the rules and regulations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). One of these requirements of the FMCSA is that they apply for a number that is issued by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT). The FMCSA is a division of the DOT. This registration is mandatory and failure to so could result in serious penalties for the company.
The USDOT number enables the FMCSA to gather all information about the moving company, including all inspections, audits, truck crash investigations, compliance, and any other issues that would indicate safety or other problems with the company. This data is available to the public. All a consumer needs to do is go to the USDOT’s website, enter the USDOT number, and discover the history of the moving company you are thinking of hiring. The majority of moving companies will have their USDOT number directly on their website. You can also ask the company directly. A legitimate company with no issues should be more than happy to provide it to you.
Some of the information you will find in your search included:
- All of the company’s contact information
- The size of the fleet of the company and the number of drivers
- Insurance information
- Safety information, including the most up-to-date safety rating, result of vehicle inspections, and truck accident history
- Any investigations for maintenance of vehicles, accidents, unsafe driving, and any other noncompliance issues
- The number of complaints and the type of complaints filed against the company
- Checking a company’s USDOT number is one of the easiest and most crucial steps to protecting your property and your wallet. There are numerous scam moving companies out there, many that go out of their way to appear to be legitimate in order to perpetuate the scam. If a company does not have a USDOT number or they have a history of complaints and violations, go onto the next company, no matter how much of an attractive rate they are offering.
If you go ahead and hire the company, you will run the risk of having one of the following scams on you:
- Bait and Switch: The moving company changes the arrangements of your move at the last minute, leaving you no choice but to go along with it, and the result of those changes end up driving up the original agreed-upon cost of the move.
- Hostage: The moving company provides you with an estimate of the move, but on the day of the move, the company will not give you your property unless you pay much more than what that original estimate was.
- Delivery Issues: The moving company adds additional – and fake – charges and will not give you your property unless you pay these charges. Other issues include late delivery or failure to deliver, when they never show up with your property.
- Abandonment: You pay the company ahead of the move and they never show up with your property and completely disappear.
Give us a call today to find out how Suburban Solutions can answer the question– who is the best moving company in Washington DC? When you choose us, you don’t have to worry about getting scammed. Here are the ways in which we try to be the best:
Yes, we actually care about our customers and their possessions. We understand that a person’s belongings have meaning and value to them, and so they have meaning to us as well. We use professional moving equipment to ensure that our customers’ items are moved safely and handled carefully. Whether we’re moving large and heavy appliances, or large and fragile pianos, or small and delicate glassware, we take great care in making sure we deliver it safely to your new home. How do our movers answer the question, “who is the best moving company in Washington DC?” They answer it by treating every customer’s belongings as if it was their own.
We Are Professionals
To be the best, movers should be professional in all aspects of their job. To determine who is the best moving company in Washington DC, one must consider how they treat their customers and their customers’ children and pets, and whether they are respectful as well as trustworthy.
We Can Be Counted On
Moving day is stressful enough without the movers showing up late or not showing up at all. That won’t happen with Suburban Solutions. We will be where we need to be and when we need to be on the correct day and time. With a firm understanding of your moving needs, we will show up with the required equipment and a sufficient number of movers to do the job right and as smoothly as possible.
We Are Competitively Priced
Though we might be the answer to who is the best moving company in Washington DC, we are competitively priced so that you receive maximum value for our services. Suburban Solutions has offered fair pricing since the earliest days of our company and we do not intend to change that. Call us for a free quote. We offer a pricing structure that includes a la carte services so that you only pay for what you need.
Our Moving Services
We pride ourselves in being considered the best moving company in Washington DC by many of our clients. Our moving company doesn’t just take clients’ belongings from Point A to Point B. Rather, we offer everything you need with a smile.
- Local moving
- Long distance moving
- Residential moving
- Office or corporate moving
- Junk removal
- Heavy object moving
- Basement, garage, or attic clearing
- Basic cleaning
- Premium cleaning
- Regular cleaning
Local Moving Company
A local move might seem relatively simple; however, as you begin the process, you may realize it still involves hard work, time, and strategy. Regardless of where you are moving, you will have to sort through your belongings, pack them, move them, and unpack everything in your new home. Some of your belongings may be heavy, awkward sizes, or difficult to move through doorways or stairs. It’s safe to say that a local move could present just as many challenges as a move across the country. This is why you might want to consider hiring a professional local moving company in Washington DC.
For years, Suburban Solutions has been moving people across the town, over the state line, and to the other side of the country. We have an incredible team of movers and a fleet of branded trucks that are able to handle just about any task, of any size. We have a reputation to boast about, and this is backed by real reviews by thousands of people we’ve moved. We’re confident in what we do and would like to help you. To ensure your local move is as efficient as possible, choose Suburban Solutions.
How You Can Make Your Local Move a Successful One
You want your local move to be successful right? And, you probably want to get it done in a timely manner and for the least amount of money possible, true? If so, consider these tips from our very own professional team of movers at Suburban Solutions.
- As soon as you know you’re moving, begin to clean out all of your spaces including the garage, shed, basement, attic, storage room, closets, and cupboards.
- Between 3 and 8 weeks before you move, especially during the spring and summer months, you’ll want to reserve your local moving company.
- Confirm the insurance company has insurance, and whether they offer extra insurance coverage.
- Schedule your utilities to be turned off at your current home and turned on at your new home.
- Submit your new address to the post office and any subscription companies at least 1 week before you move.
- Avoid packing your cleaning supplies as you’ll want to clean up your home. If you lack the time to do so, ask about our in home clean services.
- Start to pack anything you won’t be needing or using.
- Don’t forget to label your boxes!
Final Packing Tips
If you’re going to pack your belongings, make an effort to:
- Place any small parts or electronics into sealable bags.
- Review your owner’s manual to find out if there are special requirements when handling certain appliances (this is common in dishwashers, washing machines, and dryers).
- Disconnect your electronics before you move them.
- Don’t forget any items in your yard (i.e. swing, playground set, garden decor, etc.).
- Get rid of any items that a local moving company will not be able to move, such as gasoline.
- Pack essential items, like your phone charger and medication, in a small bag that will go with you in your car.
Are You Ready to Plan Your Local Move?
If you need a good, reliable local moving company, turn to Suburban Solutions for competitive pricing and a smooth transition into your new home.
College Student Moving
Are you or your child moving to a college campus or nearby apartment? If so, you are likely very excited about this time in your life. With such excitement you might forget about the moving process itself!
As a moving company for college students, we are one of the first choices for parents and students. We’ve proudly moved freshman students into their dorm room or apartment, and we’ve moved graduate and Ph.D students into a new, more comfortable study space in Washington DC.
If you or your child is moving to or from college and would like to know how much our moving services will cost, please call Suburban Solutions.
How You Can Make Your College Move Easier
The average college dorm room is limited in size. Choosing what to take with you and what to leave behind could be easier said than done. After all, you probably would like a few comforts to remind you of home or your friends and family. Prior to finding out the cost of a moving company, it may be best to organize your belongings and pack the things you will be taking with you. Rest assured, if you have no time to pack or would rather spend it with your family, we can take care of this task for you too.
Tips For Packing Before College
As a moving company in Washington DC, Suburban Solutions enjoys helping customers learn how to efficiently pack their belongings. Consider these tips for our very own movers:
- Be sure to have a supply of durable boxes, strong tape, packing foam, bubble wrap, and labels.
- Always place heavy items in small boxes to keep you from carrying too much weight and protect you from injury.
- Wrap up any fragile items with plenty of bubble wrap or old towels.
- Label your boxes.
- Pack any important items in a bag or box that you can easily access.
- If you’re taking toiletries, tape down the lids and label the box properly to avoid any potential spills.
If you are going to study in a different state, it is recommended you choose Suburban Solutions to be your moving company in Washington DC.
On The Day You Move
When the day you move to college comes, you may feel all sorts of emotions. The last thing you want is to be late to your dorm or apartment. You can rely on us to be at your home on time and with our team of movers to get everything to your destination safely and with ease. If you are unsure, just take a look at our real online reviews that rank high amongst the many moving companies in Washington DC.
Why Students Prefer Us to Be Their Moving Company
As a moving company with a leading reputation, we are a good choice for students throughout the area. By choosing us to be your movers, you can forget about finding a large truck, loading heavy items, risking an injury before you even get to your college, or returning a truck rental.
- We are cost affordable
- There are no hidden fees
- We are reliable
- We are trained and experienced
For a quote for your upcoming student move, call Suburban Solutions.
Have Junk? Our Washington DC Moving Company Can Help
Don’t worry about all the extra junk you want to leave behind but don’t know where you will dispose of it. Our moving company can sort through the junk you don’t want and make sure it goes to the right place. When possible, we will try to donate it to a local charity or take it to a recycling plant where it can be repurposed or reused. Rest assured, your junk is in good hands.
Furniture, especially the stuff made from hardwood, marble, or metal, can be very heavy. Lifting or moving it in the wrong way could cause you an unnecessary injury. If you are ready to rearrange your home or office, and want to avoid back, neck, shoulder, or knee pain, call the professional movers at Suburban Solutions. We can arrange to come out and move your furniture to a new space giving you a fresh change of scenery.
Why You Should Choose Suburban Solutions As Your Washington DC Moving Company
Our moving company is fully insured and licensed. Our staff has been appropriately trained to handle every kind of object in the most professional manner. This ensures there is very little risk of damage. Should something unfortunate happen, we will make sure you are compensated. When you call our associates about a relocation, we’ll go over your needs and give you an estimate. If that works around your budget, we’ll go through the process of moving with Suburban Solutions so you know what to expect on the big day. When this day comes around, our team will give your door a friendly knock and be ready to help you make this day as hassle-free as possible. Rest assured you can count on professionalism and quality.
Ready to Move with the Right Moving Company
If you want to work with a moving company who values their clients and puts their needs first, choose Suburban Solutions. Whether you are moving into your first home, relocating into a cozier space, or moving for your job, let us help you. All you need to do to get started is call.
If you’re preparing to make a move, consider calling the professionals who can make the process as easy as possible. Call Suburban Solutions today for a free price quote and see for yourself who is the best moving company in Washington DC.
“Moved locally from Pikesville, MD to Hampden area. Had a lot of stuff, but they were super responsive, efficient and professional from first contact to me shaking their hands and waving goodbye. Was a three-person crew and all three seemed like they had done it all and knew what they were doing at every point. Very personable and friendly on top!”